During my time as the Marketing Intern and then Marketing Manager at New Nodaway Humane Society, I was able to further many of my marketing skills. I was also able to build an extensive knowledge of non-profit functions like fundraising, donations and working with volunteers. Examples of my work can be seen below or view a comprehensive summary on my LinkedIn profile.
- Planned and promoted, Light Up an Animal’s Life, a digital marketing campaign totaling donations over $1000
- Increased Facebook weekly engaged users by a 118 fold or 11700%
- Increased Facebook weekly total impressions by a 35 fold or 3420%
- Increased Facebook weekly organic reach by nearly 29 fold or 2679%
- Increased total Facebook page likes by 52%
- Reached 2,265 accounts on Twitter
- Increased impressions to 6,498 on Twitter
- Created and executed many social media campaigns, shown below:
Website – One of my first tasks was to build a new, easy to use website for the the shelter. I worked with the board to evaluate multiple platforms, ultimately choosing a Wordpress site. The new site launched in September 2012 and during my time with the organization it produced:
- 746 average views per day
- Close to 1,000 visitors each month
- Visitors from over 45 countries
Screen shots of the old site below.
Print Design and Writing – I created a new business package for the shelter, including a new logo, letter head and business cards. This branding package was unfortunately never implemented during my time as an intern.
Event Planning – In the Fall of 2012 I coordinated with board members, staff and volunteers for the annual Strut Your Mutt event, raising over $1000. Throughout my time at NNHS I continued working with the board to further fundraising events while promoting and planing new and annual events. I organized volunteers and made an effort to be at every event to take photos and live promote on social media.
Radio – I created this PSA for my Fundamentals of Media Productions course and future use by the humane society. Click the link to listen. 60 Second Public Service Announcement